What is Web2Print?
Web2Print is a software application run as a branded website/portal that holds all the print ready design files for a company. The company requires this form of application if they have multiple offices/branches/venues that require different print/artwork on a regular basis to be produced.
How does Web2Print work?
Web2Print works very simply just like ordering from other online websites such as Next or John Lewis the idea is the same principle.
- A website is created using the customer’s logo and branding so it looks like a “storefront” for the printed assets.
- The storefront will be split into areas; for example if there are 4 hotels then the menu will have the 4 hotels listed.
- From there a drop down menu/side bar which will break down the print further by listing the items in product headings such as stationery; brochures; leaflets and vouchers (these are examples only and if there are further items required these will be listed).
- The heading can be clicked on and then drilled down further to a specific requirement such as Stationery – business cards.
- Here there are prompts that will take the administrator/user through the order process from amending artwork to just re ordering an amount of business cards.
- All proofing is carried out immediately as the proof is created in the order – the proof can be signed off. Then all that is needed is press print and the order is placed.
- The invoice is created once the order has gone to print and sent directly the administrator.
What can be ordered through Web2Print?
Essentially anything can be ordered through Web2Print – we like to think that whatever is required by the client can be ordered through the “storefront”. Listed below are some of the items:
- Stationery, NCR sets/ business cards/compliment slips/letterheads;
- Brochures for each hotel and these can be amended on line or if more detailed amends are required can be carried out then uploaded and put on line for ordering;
- Leaflets/Postcards A0/A1/A2/A3/A4/A5/A6 can be created and then these can be altered to the size required. You can change from A4 to A3 if required. Images and text can be changed so if a wedding leaflet needs to be created with a price amend then this can be changed on line proofed and printed in one order.
- Also if you require the artwork, but, not the printing you can simply print to your office computer.
- Door hangers for the hotel rooms;
- Branded umbrellas/pens/mugs/USBs (this is not limited to these products but examples only)
- Roller banners/Dibond boards/PVC banners
- Boxes and luxury items – even if you have other suppliers we can link up their details to feed from the storefront.
- We can put anything on the storefront and keep a stock take on products ordered in bulk for call off. When the levels are running low we can simply let you know and then you can re order products to make sure you do not run out of a product.
What are the advantages/benefits of having Web2Print?
There are lots of advantages to having Web2print and many companies with multiple offices/branches/venues use this storefront. It works well where a company needs print on a regular basis/print on demand. We have listed below some points to show the advantages of Web2Print:
- There is a print and design saving as amends for design can be carried out online with uploaded artwork supplied by the client;
- Print prices can be agreed up front and prices held for 12 months, this ensures that prices are known in advance and so hotels can budget in advance for print;
- Brand guidelines can be safe guarded and protected;
- An SLA (Service Level Agreement) can be created which will help with deliveries and expectations. For example if business cards are ordered before 12.00p.m. we will guarantee to deliver within 48 hours. We can build different delivery and service points in for each product offering;
- The company can have one administrator (the person in charge of the project) and as many or as few users as they wish;
- Reporting can be carried out showing the saving from last year to the first year with the Web2Print offering;
- Reporting can also be shown for total sales per product;
- Job status can be checked by logging on the storefront;
- Instant reordering can be done really quickly;
- Job history, which is really important, when ordering brochures from one year to the next. Instantly you can go in and check the items ordered and how many were ordered from one year to the next;
- Products can be ordered 24/7 even when the offices are closed;
- Asset library to keep all images and pictures for amending artwork;
- Can be used (depending on the software solution chosen) on mobiles and iPads;
- This storefront/website can be used as a link from your website or a standalone website;
- Low res imagery can created for web/social media/email platforms.
Want to view a Web2Print demonstration?
What next? We can now offer a full demonstration, with chosen suppliers. We have products for clients that have different requirements. We will book an appointment and demonstrate the products for you to choose from.
As with all products, there are, a vast array of pricing options. Some customers require a full Indesign service on line and some companies just require reordering and small amends such as changing pictures and text. We offer a package to suit the client’s needs; these can supplied once the demonstration has been carried out.
Notes for Client:
Web2Print is a great tool and can work really well and does so for many hotels chains/recruitment companies/companies with branch offices/retail clients. Please note that in order to get the best out of the solution you will need to be completely bought into the web2print idea and understand what is required. The requirements will mean training, giving all artwork to us for uploading to the storefront. It will mean a new way of working for the client, in a way that maybe quite unusual and testing. Once the software is up and running and the ability to order successfully online will help the client with workloads and make a saving overall for the business.
Sentio can and will help in all aspects of training and implementation for the customer to make sure everything runs smoothly.
If you require further information please do contact Joanna Harwood on 01295 268649 or email here