How Green is Your Business?
We thought in this post we would show you our special collection of our shades of green! Green means different things to different people. Not all our clients require recycled papers or eco print. (If you do require environmental print for your brochures, folders and marketing materials Sentio can help!) Here we have showcased some of the work we have produced for our lovely clients and give you some facts and myths on papers.
Facts and Myths about Paper
- 50% of the world’s wood harvest is used for energy and 28% for construction. There are some other uses but paper only directly takes 13%
- Europe recycles 72% of its paper
- 84% of the industry’s raw materials come from Europe
- Between 2005 and 2013, the CO2 emissions of the European pulp and paper industry were reduced by 22%
- 56% of the industry’s total primary annual energy consumption is biomass-based
- European forests have been growing by over 1,500 football pitches every day
- The paper, pulp and print sector is one of the lowest industrial emitters of greenhouse gasses, accounting for 1% of global greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
- Paper is one of the most recycled products in the world
- “Forestry, paper and packaging are among the most sustainable industries in existence.” (CEO Perspectives, Price Waterhouse Coopers)
- Most of the energy used is renewable and carbon intensity is surprisingly low
If you would like a Myths and Facts booklet please contact Joanna at email@example.com or call 01295 268649.