For a FREE marketing consultation please contact Joanna Harwood on 10295 268649 or email us here
Recently we have been involved with tenders and proposals for marketing consultant work and marketing agency work. Sentio already works in this area of marketing providing project work for our clients. Sentio works on all manner of marketing projects. We have produced campaigns, written and developed strategy for our clients with marketing plans.
Personally, I have really enjoyed, if not relished, this kind of work. It stretches myself, my colleagues and our business to continue to be creative and deliver really engaging marketing assets for our clients. The clients we work with now expect nothing less from Sentio!
How do I brief my marketing consultant?
Whenever we work with new or existing clients we always work in a very structured way. This means that we have complete clarity at all times and also we can understand our clients needs and requirements. I thought I would give some top tips for our readers to help with briefing a marketing agency as sometimes it can seem overwhelming!
Top tips for briefing a marketing consultant
- Be clear about your objectives and why you would like to engage with their services. For a marketing project to work clarity and understanding are key;
- When thinking about what you require from your marketing agency/consultant make sure you have the budget agreed with the stakeholders in the business. This is key as not having the correct budget in place can and does hamper what is achievable;
- Make a plan! Write down your needs and requirements, if possible draw up a pro and cons list. This really helps with your understanding and focus on what is really achievable;
- Deadlines, to make sure your marketing agency or consultant can deliver on time and budget, try not to give unreasonable deadlines or make a project last minute. This is a recipe for disaster if you try and rush a marketing project;
- Expect to pay for ideas and conceptual work. It is impractical to ask your agency or consultant to come up with ideas for marketing your business free of charge! One client we worked with expected constant ideas to be sent through and it was unreasonable as we were not going to be paid for the work! We politely informed them that conceptual work is to be paid for;
- Remember that marketing projects/strategy/plans all take time to create and deliver so please allow reasonable time to deliver the work;
- For all media projects all marketing assets need to be supplied, if possible, in one email. This really helps with creating projects and giving concepts/mockups to clients – the visual presentation is key to understanding the project objectives and delivery.
- If possible book a conference call or meeting to find out how you will work with your marketing agency or consultant. This really helps with creating a good working relationship with the person and also helps the marketing agency/consultant to understand your requirements and needs.
- As Sentio is a marketing agency we can deliver all marketing functions from the planning and strategy work to website design and build to exhibition creation and design for print so we can offer the full marketing service to our clients.
For more information or to book a meeting for a marketing consultation please contact Joanna Harwood on 01295 268649 or email us here. We will be delighted to help you with your marketing requirements.