SCODIX – Digital Enhancement
Printing is changing! In this fast paced and ever changing world in which we live now the changes are even more important and frequent.
SCODIX printing or digital enhancement is just one of these new print techniques; unlike UV varnish, SCODIX is a raised gloss finish and sits on top of an image or a picture and acts like an embossing. When we first saw it was like a cross between thermography and UV spot varnish! It works with both litho and digital print. We have given some further information below which we hope helps you understand how it can help your printed marketing materials stand out and make a difference.
Listed below are some top tips to remember when designing or if you would like to use the digital enhancement:
How do I design for SCODIX – digital enhancement?
- Very simply in design format just create your artwork normally for the document in CMYK with bleed and crop in print ready pdf format, through InDesign or Illustrator
- In a second file create a simple UV file in black to show where you would like the treatment to be put on the artwork.
- We will need two files in total. If you would like further information then we can always help at Sentio
- The treatment works really well on business cards, indeed this is the most used application for this treatment;
- A5 and A6 cards. If these are greetings cards or postcards and the process can be used on the front and the back;
- A5 brochure covers, we have used this process, very successfully, on the covers of a large print run for a hotel client and they were delighted!
- Luxury small point of sale tickets. This an area where SCODIX is not being used much at the moment but would work really well on swing tickets, labels and belly bands;
- Most of the items above can also be printed litho and again we can use the SCODIX in the same way;
- Report and Accounts, this is the perfect marketing asset for this process and covers would look really engaging with logos or the company name treated with the process;
- Luxury Packaging – SCODIX has the ability to have a glitter or metallic look, very similar to foil blocking and a great way to create the look without blowing your budget!
If you would like to know more about SCOIDX and would like to see some samples or request a trial then please do contact us here or call 01295 268649
For further information visit