Rubies Masquerade was founded in 1951 in Queens, New York, by Rubin and Tillie Beige who ran the neighbourhood candy store selling newspapers, comic books and novelty items. Initially intended as a temporary means of support for his family, Rubin Beige, or ‘Rubie’ bought the run-down store with his army savings of $500 after returning from World War II.
Rubies Masquerade is now the world's largest designer, manufacturer and distributor of fancy dress costumes and accessories with various Rubie’s offices around the globe. The company has won, or been nominated for all the iconic industry awards, including several Licensing Awards, Toy Industry Awards and ‘Costume Company of the Year' over the last 5 years. It is the leading light in character costumes here in the UK, throughout Europe and the Middle East and is still run by the Beige family from New York, making it a family-run business for over 60 years.
Rubie's offers an extensive line of products that inspires the imagination with great costumes and accessories for all ages from everyday dressing-up and kids' playtime to myriad special occasions; Halloween parties, festivals, charity events, movie launches, sporting occasions and fan conventions to World Book Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Christmas and beyond.
Key Objectives for Rubies
Sentio Marketing was introduced to Rubies Masquerade through another customer. We were asked to project manage and produce the second biggest marketing project for Rubie’s in the UK. The project being a large catalogue printed in full colour with two different print runs. One being priced and one being unpriced.
We were asked to focus on the following key objectives:
- To find the best price in the market for the print run of bespoke sized brochures, but, not compromise on quality of the print;
- To provide a full critical path at estimating stage to help with planning and scheduling the design for print;
- To be transparent with all costs so the client knows the exact cost without any “hidden extras”
- To hit the critical deadline for delivery of pint to coincide with Spring Fair
- Liaise with all teams from Rubies marketing department and the production side and ensure all KPIs were met.
Sentio Marketing was invited in to a formal meeting with the Head of Marketing for the UK. We took the brief and listened to what was required in the way of quality, price and most importantly the deadline for delivery.
Our work started 4 months prior to delivery of the finished printed product. We set out the critical path for the client so they could plan the design of the catalogue in house. We liaised with the designer and gave them guidelines for setting the pages out ready for print
The catalogue print was a bespoke size. We purchased the paper form the mill, this made the print much cheaper and we could specify the correct paper weight and size.
We then received artwork for print and put this into production. Sentio and our supplier scheduled regular production calls tracking the project from start to finish. We created hard copy proofs for the client to “sign off.” Once this stage was completed we moved onto the final phase.
The print and binding took two and half weeks and was delivered on time, on budget to the client on a dedicated vehicle. The brochures were in place for Spring Fair.
Key outcomes to Rubies Masquerade
Sentio met all the criteria on every print run. We met all the key objectives and the outcomes were:
- Rubies Masquerade Catalogue was always printed on time, on budget and with no quality issues;
- The catalogue was project managed by the Sentio team making sure all KPIs were met
- We always started the project in plenty of time allowing our client the ability to produce the design to their timeframe.
- We always followed up with a de brief after the print runs to make sure the client was happy and to see how we could improve the service or add value in any other to their product.
“Joanna delivers a very professional service, fantastic prices and an understanding of what we need as a customer over and above other specialists in this area – she is a pleasure to work with”
Head of Marketing – Rubies Masquerade
Contact us at the bottom and line and full contact details